The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I lack. He lets me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He renews my life; He leads me along the right paths for His name’s sake. Even when I go through the darkest valley, I fear no danger, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Only goodness and faithful love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord as long as I live.
- God promises to be with us. If God is for us there is nothing to fear, whether we walk through the most dangerous place in the world, there is God with us. Jesus said: And remember,I am with you always, to the end of the age. (Matthew 28:20)
- God will infuse us encouragement. Sometimes things do not go as we wanted to pass. It is likely that at that time we feel discouraged or even depressed; but do not forget that there will be God to lift our spirits. Jesus tells us: Have courage!It is I. Don’t be afraid. (Mark 6:50)
- God prepares us a feast before our enemies. While the enemy and the world intend to torture or mock us, God is preparing the best dishes for us. And theywill come from east and west and from north and south, and will recline at the table in the kingdom of God. (Luke 13:29)
- God anoints us. The anointing enables us to exercise the calling that God makes us to testify of His great love, His mercy and forgiveness. The apostle John says: But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you have knowledge. (1 Juan 2:20)
- God makes our cup overflowing. God is not stingy, his blessings are endless. It is we who limit God’s ability to supernaturally plenty bless for our little faith. I will indeed bless you, and I will greatly multiply you. (Hebrews 6:14)
- Goodness and mercy will follow us every day. In God’s plan is not contemplated that we walk after His blessings, He promises us that they follow us all the days of our life. Therefore let us approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us at the proper time. (Hebrews 4:16)
- Dwell in the house of God. Jesus promised to prepare mansions in His Father’s house. When we receive in our hearts we are writing our names in the Book of Life. Therefore, we are making an eternal search in the house of God. In My Father’s house are many dwelling places;if not, I would have told you. I am going away to prepare a place for you. (John 14:2)